Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Week 2 and 3

I have to apologize for how long it has been since I have sent out any of Jacobs letters.  So this one email will catch you all up.  We would like to thank everyone for the prayers in our behalf and especially for Jacob.  They have been felt in our family and I know they have helped him as well.  This has been a rough few weeks for our family and even worse for Jacob.   I think we are all on the mend and hopefully each week will improve for Jacob. 

Please note that Jacob has a new address for any packages that anyone might want to send.  A guy from Texas drives them to the mission home.  SWEET!  That means cheaper to send and no customs for Jacob and that he will actually get the package and everything that is in it!  As for letters, he says to just email him (jdayley@myldsmail.net).  He doesn't have time to email everyone back, but he will at least get them.

Elder Jacob Dayley
c/o Julio Velazquez
P.O. Box 1486
Presidio, TX  79845

Week dos - (10/28/13)

The second week in the mission field has been a ton better than the first! My new companion likes to work hard, likes to teach me and other people and loves being a missionary  So that has really helped me this week.

The only really cool thing that has happened to us this week was on Saturday I was walking down the sidewalk and there was a tree in the way so I stepped off into the road. Right as a stepped off a truck drove by, but it was so close. It was probably 6 inches from hitting me. Like I don't even know why it was that close.  This gives an inside look into the mind of an 18 year old and what he thinks is cool!  I, on the other hand, didn't not find this story cool!!:)

But another cool thing is that we have an investigator named Tadeo. He and his son are Catholic but they didn´t liked the feeling of being there so they came to our church and started the lessons. We gave him a Book of Mormon and we read some of it and really liked it, and that is where we are at with him.

We are in apartments in the center of the city, our place is a one bedroom, bathroom, living room, and a kitchen.  Most of the people we visit are inactives.  We have three or four investigators.  We keep busy all day. 

Tell Gage, that little punk Happy Birthday from me and give him a big fat kiss and hug.  That is sad to hear about gramma, but it's her time to go.  She needs to go back to grandpa and Heavenly Father where she'll be at peace.  So Juliet's mom passed away literally about 30 minutes before Jacob started emailing us.  We decided it best to tell him, basically as in person as we could, instead of him hearing about it later in the day from his mission president.

Thats really it for this week, but everything is getter better little by little.

Love you all, Miss you all
Love, Elder Dayley

Week tres - (11/4/13)
So this has been anything but a desireable week in my life. Actually Monday was the worst day of my life by far. (Reminder - that was the day that Jacob found out about his gramma passing away.  This turned out to be quite a trial for him, but he perservered, or I should say perserering.  Things are still very hard for him, but each day is getting a little better.  Again, thank you to those who fasted for him and prayed and sent him words of encouragement.  It all worked!)  But some good news, I'm doing a little better. Better and better each day. But it is still super hard in the mornings because that's when I'm the most homesick and lonely.


But the rest of the week after Wednesday has been a lot better then the first half of them. I actually got to share my feelings and exprience with an investigator on Friday. He was super depressed and didn't want to do anything. I knew how he felt because that's the excact way I felt too. I don't know if it helped but he came to church and he said he felt better.

But I get to learn a another new langauge! For the Mennonites I get to learn German! That's super cool, but it's going to be hard.  All I have to study is the Book of Mormon, but I know I'll learn it.  My spanish is coming along slowly.  I can almost understand most of what people say to my companion and what he say back.  But once they srart talking to me, I can't understand anything.  It's kinda annoying.

It's getting so cold here! I found out it snows in Chihuahua!  I had no idea this is what the church meant by warm climate mission!

One of Jacob's best friends got his mission call to Pocatillo, ID, english speaking.  Mind you, his friend is half Mexican.  This was Jacob's reply to the news.

HAHAHA!  You know what's funny is that I was telling my companion that he was getting his call soon.  I said how funny it would be for him to go english speaking because his two all white friends would be fluent in spanish and he wouldn't.  Then his two white friends and his white dad could speak spanish together and he would't be able to!

Okay I'm out of time, thanks for the love and everything miss you all!  Tell everyone thanks for the emails even if I wasn't able to respond to them all.  I read them and they really helped.

Love, Elder Dayley

No comments:

Post a Comment