Monday, October 14, 2013

Last Email from MTC

Jacob leaves Monday morning super early to Mexico.  We will get a phone call from him at some point while he is waiting in an airport for a flight.  We are so excited to hear his voice!  (Justin he asked for your cell number, so you better have your sound on and the phone near you Monday morning - early if you want to talk to your brother!)
This is his last email from the MTC.  You can still email him at jdayley@myldsmail.net

Here is the address to the mission home:
Elder Jacob Dayley
Mexico Chihuahua Mission
Oninaga #2210 A, Antes Morelos
Cuauhtemoc
31020 Chihuahua, Chihuahua
Mexico

It has been the slowest but fastest month in my life. The flow of time here is slow days but fast weeks, I'm excited to see how that translates to the real world. But today is probably the last time I'll be going to the temple for a really long time, that's weird to think about because here you can go ever single week. Which we did, and is really cool.

It's been really nice to get all of your letters through out the week, they really do help a ton. You won't think so but they do! Thank you for all the support and love. I've been writing Devon (Ridd one of his best friends who is serving in the Madrid, Spain Mission) and Cody (Jacobsen his cousin serving is the Salt Lake City West mission) every week, which is really cool to hear from them!

I got the Bethels package this morning and when I opened the paper covering it, there was a box inside that said 5cc syringes w/o needles. At first I didn't know who it was from so I was freaking out a little bit. Like who would send me syringes from AJ(Apache Junction). But then I showed it to my companion and I said, "Hey look now I can start taking my steroids again!" They thought that was pretty funny. There is a pic showing what the box looks like.  (The Bethel's are good friends of our family and she works at her husbands, fathers' doctors office.  Thus the reason for the box!  Really funny actually!) 

So on west campus on P-days you can walk down the road to a place called Brigham Landing and get stuff over there which is really cool!  They have a burger place and Jamba Juice.  I like hearing about Tate and Gage's football games.  I like bragging about them to my companions!  Haha

So General Conference! How was that for you guys?? But favorite talk was in the priesthood session by President Ufdorf when he was talking about Failure. And what I got out of it was Failure is natural, let it work for you, don't work for it. But this is the most I've ever paid attention to Conference in my life and I actually got a lot from it so that was really cool.



So I'm out of time now love you all, miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment